Senior-Level System Engineer (TG-02)
Annapolis Junction, MD
- Candidate will support tactical engineering activities to accomplish mission goals to include participating in design meetings and technical review meetings, developing technical plans to guide capability development, reporting status of capability development activities, and reporting milestone goals and achievements. The primary role for this position is to provide management of milestone requirements throughout the systems engineering life cycle.
- Work with system architects, system developers, testers, and systems engineers to meet schedules and track project milestones (functional through design) for software, hardware, documentation, and other analysis and design artifacts to be used for development, integration, and testing.
- Coordinate with customer to provide updates on progress of milestones and schedulesLabor Requirements:
- Reviews and provides input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
- Develops derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
- Develops system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Participates in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Derives from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
- Allocates real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience working on networks including the administration, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting for the hardware/software for Cisco, Nortel, Adtran and Netgear
- Proficiency with Linux Operating Systems and Linux commands
- Experience assisting users on hardware/software issues
- Experience configuring/maintaining: Kickstart, DHCP, Bind, Apache
- Scripting experience (shell, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Experience resolving problems and setting up supporting networks
- Experience in information technology operations
- Experience ensuring license enforcement
- Working knowledge of PUPPET
- Ability to understand complex systems with many components
- Practical experience with YUM
- Understanding of RPM package format and APT-RPM distribution method
- Hands-on experience with IBM Blade Centers and Dell servers, HP servers
- Ability to work core hours on a regular basis
- Strong technical skills, rigorous, and very “hands-on”
- Strong problem analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a Systems Engineer supporting large-scale systems to include experience in system architecture, requirements analysis, system documentation, system evaluation, and process execution and evaluation
- Seven (7) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required (experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is preferred).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance
Full Time – System Engineer
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.