Audio-Video/Multimedia (AV/MM) Engineer (TC-05)
Annapolis Junction, MD
- The Audio-Video/Multimedia (AV/MM) Engineer shall Organize and direct hardware installations across multiple sites. Implement hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures. Lead contractors in the design of new products, processes, improvements and maintain existing products. Provide technical leadership to level 1 and level 2 contractor engineers. Act as internal consultant providing technical guidance on complex projects. Organize and direct hardware installations. Assist in defining and implementing hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrating scripts with the hardware and software build process. Interpret facility and AV/MM drawings from architects and facilities program managers. Develop AV/MM installation schedules based upon equipment delivery, integration complexity, and customer priorities. Prepare drawings documenting as-built configurations. Organize and direct teams to address critical system failures.
- Perform maintenance of various HD/SD broadcast equipment (switchers, cameras, etc.)
- Integrate audio and video teleconferencing systems
- Install and maintain IP based television
- Operate and set-up of various broadcast production switchers
- Operate and maintenance of audio mixers
- Integrate wired/wireless microphone systems and configurations
- Conduct design, system installation and maintenance of AV/MM meshed networking systems
- Integrate multi-classification VTC and PC with numerous security mitigation techniques
- Custom fabrication of parts and cables
- Install low voltage wiring and cable; solder and terminate connectors; wire of equipment
- Serve as the AV/MM technical lead on the operations floor
Minimum Experience Required:
- Ten (10) years experience as an AV/MM Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity. Five (5) years experience in VidCAD or other CAD programs.
Within the past ten (10) years, a minimum of 10 skill sets, with at least two (2) areas covering maintenance, from the following:
o Analog; SDI and HD SDI signal processing and conversion
o Scalable video coding; Compression and decompression techniques
o Encoding/decoding of TV standards such as ATSC, QAM, NTSC, PAL
o Signal theory and analysis
o Audio processing
o Sound reinforcement and speaker placement
o Sightlines, screen size and projection distance
o Integration/use of HID via Crestron DM Switch
o Cable termination (Fiber, copper, audio, control, etc.). Must have experience using languages SIMPL Windows, SIMPL+, and SIMPL#.
- Three (3) years experience leading AV/MM Engineers on scheduling, project management, technical consultation, and guidance. Bachelors degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional AV/MM experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. Must hold current certification as a Technology Specialist (CTS), CTS-Installation, or CTS-Design.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance.
Full Time – Software Engineer
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.