Senior-Level Web Developer (VE-01)
Annapolis Junction, MD
- Responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining web sites and content that enrich and optimize the exchange of information and produce effective communications. Interact with team to gather and define requirements. Analyze requirements to determine the most effective web technologies to satisfy their needs. Coordinate creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design. Follow a formal design process that includes adhering to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of the web site end product. Design and develop visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation. Deliver comprehensive web site solutions to satisfy customer requirements. Maintain configuration management.
Labor Category Requirements:
- Based on an understanding of basic concepts, codes less complex websites using HTML, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages
- Responsible for maintaining a functioning user-accessible website
- Supports website planning and deployment
- Writes documentation regarding the websites technical requirements
- Applies concepts, develops, tests, maintains and supports high-performance, innovative web-based applications
- Responsible for troubleshooting software problems and providing solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies
- Works with management and information technologists to determine specifications
- Uses a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create web page elements such as user interface features, site animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications
- Maintains website technical documentation to assist with website maintenance and upgrades
- In concert with the software development lead; develops, tests, maintains and supports high-performance, innovative web-based applications
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting complex software problems and providing solutions using the latest technologies
- Works independently on more complex projects
- Integrates new web products with existing web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the organization’s website
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional web development experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance.
Full Time – Web Developer
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.