Senior-Level Web Developer (Java, C, C++) (BBT-02)
Annapolis Junction, MD
- Responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining web sites and content that enrich and optimize the exchange of information and produce effective communications.
- Interact with team to gather and define requirements.
- Analyze requirements to determine the most effective web technologies to satisfy their needs.
- Coordinate creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design.
- Follow a formal design process that includes adhering to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of the web site end product.
- Design and develop visually-pleasing, content rich, userfriendly interfaces with intuitive navigation. Deliver comprehensive web site solutions to satisfy customer requirements. Maintain configuration management.
- Maintain a functioning user-accessible website
- Codes less complex websites using HTML, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages
- Support website planning and deployment
- Write documentation regarding the website’s technical requirements
- Maintain website technical documentation to assist with website maintenance and upgrades
- Apply concepts, develops, tests, maintain and supports high-performance, innovative web-based applications
- Responsible for troubleshooting software problems and providing solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies
- Work with management and information technologists to determine specifications
- Use a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create web page elements such as user interface features, site animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications
- In concert with the software development lead, develop, test, maintain and support high performance, innovative web-based applications
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex software problems and providing solutions using the latest technologies
- Work independently on more complex projects
- Integrate new web products with existing web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the organizations website
Technical Skills Required:
- Also includes experience with HTML, CSS, PHP and Perl, Python, Ruby
- Experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+) and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- Experience with writing analytics to query other corporate sources to enrich data.
- Experience with writing Niagara Files (NiFi) to process data transformations and data flows.
- Experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as the Map/Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- Analyzing and translating user requirements into software requirements
- Experience with Java, JUnit, JSON, JSON Schema
- Experience with REST, SpringBoot, Docker, ElasticSearch
- Some experience with SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc)
- Knowledge of Graph (Neo4J) and/or Elastic is a plus
- Developing software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Providing both new software development and capabilities enhancement
- Experience performing queries against large data sets
- Familiarity with customer Government off-the-Shelf (GOTS) corporate tools for data UI visualization.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Work in a team environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) years experience as a WD in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional WD experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance.
Full Time – Web Developer
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.