Senior-Level System Administrator (SS-02)
Annapolis Junction, MD
Labor Category Requirements:
- Assume responsibility for the maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, troubleshooting and problem diagnosis / resolution for all lab IT hardware and operating systems (e.g., UNIX (Sun Solaris), Linux, and Microsoft Windows 2000, and Windows NT)
- Assume responsibility for accessing the scope and requirements of each developer request scheduled for the lab and assuring technical support for those requirements
- Assume responsibility for providing a clear understanding of how each request for hardware and software requirements shall be supported by the contractor’s System Administrator (SA) Team
- Provide technical recommendations to the DNT management and support team in maintaining the DNT lab IT architecture to mirror and keep current with all Agency IT networks structures
- Lead systems administration for hardware and software support for all DNT developer requests, and new IT prototypes being hosted in the lab (large and small scale)
- Assume responsibility for configuration and maintenance of lab assets built on Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, and Linux operating systems
- Conduct informal training in order to provide knowledge transfer to all SA Team and eliminate single points of failure of task/function
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in systems administration of hardware and software in support of developing and testing of SIGINT Information Technology systems
- Proficiency in working with applicable network devices to include repeaters, routers, gateways, and hubs
- Minimum seven (7) years combined experience in administration of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows NT, Unix, and Linux operating systems
- Minimum seven (7) years experience with computer networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, and DNS
- Minimum five (5) years combined experience supporting Java development activities, including applets, Java Server Pages, and J2EE frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, Struts or Java Server Faces (JSF)
- Minimum five (5) years combined experience supporting C and C++ development activities
- Minimum five (5) years experience with integrated processing environments such as a Storage Area Network
- Minimum two (2) years combined experience supporting HTML, XML, and WEB-based Graphical User Interface/portal development activities
- Minimum two (2) years experience in PERL and writing scripts
- Experience in developing and delivering briefings, technical presentations, and program documentation to senior program management
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance
Full Time – System Admin
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.