Senior-Level Software Engineer (TG-01)
Annapolis Junction, MD
- Assist a product suite in implementing a large-scale accessibility (508) initiative. Provide SME-level expertise to existing development teams to properly implement accessibility /508 enterprise standards in a consistent manner across the suite of products. Work with the UX Lead to ensure all accessibility changes maintain a consistent user experience. Conduct regular accessibility (508 compliance testing of each product in the suite using enterprise standards and best practices to determine an accessibility score, demonstrate progress towards accessibility and provide feedback to development teams on additional areas of improvement. The Accessibility Software Engineer is responsible for developing and applying advanced approaches and technologies to solve critical technological problems within the context of collaboration, information sharing, and accessibility for the 508 program. Provide SME-level expertise to existing development teams to properly implement accessibility /508 enterprise standards in a consistent manner across the suite of products. Use software engineering best practices to develop and integrate accessibility solutions or develop new solutions and customize COTS or open source software. Conduct accessibility/usability evaluations, remediate accessibility issues and develop accessibility alternatives to problems. Develop new solutions to accessibility issues including scripts to fix accessibility issues Understand users needs and how they affect software development. Make recommendations for acquiring or implementing collaboration and accessibility solutions.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong experience in the Java programming language (3+ years).
- Experience using JSON and XML serialization.
- Familiarity with basic design patterns (Singleton, MVC, Builder, etc.).
- Familiarity with web applications technologies.
- Familiarity with Spring Boot a plusMinimum Experience Required:
- Seven (7) years experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- 7+ Years of experience as a Software Developer
- 3+ years of direct experience with Java
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance
Full Time – Software Engineer
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.