Mid-Level Computer Scientist (SAND-01)
Annapolis Junction, MD
- Performs a combination of software design, reverse engineering, and vulnerability research. Develops software capabilities that take into account the underlying hardware on which they run. Optimizes algorithms and software implementations in order to meet requirements such as binary size, memory utilization, and performance.
Labor Category Requirements:
- Develop software programs that have network communications and the ability to persist across reboots.
- Perform agile development, accurately estimate the time to complete tasks, and respond to time-sensitive operational requirements.
- Document software designs and explain the performance tradeoffs made.
- Understand how malware is detected by personal security products and/or network monitoring, and evade such detection.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive testing methodology for software products (e.g. unit tests, functional testing, and integration testing).
- Develop complex algorithms
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong proficiency in C programming
- Experience doing reverse engineering on diverse architectures
- In-depth understanding of network protocols
- Experience with network device appliances (routers, switches, firewalls)
- Experience working in a Real Time Operating System environmentMinimum Experience Required:
- Five (5) years of experience in Computer Network Exploitation (CNE) and a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field of expertise (e.g. Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, and Systems Engineering).
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field of expertise may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, and a PhD in a relevant field of expertise may be substituted for four (4) years of experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance.
Full Time – Software Engineer
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.