Annapolis Junction, MD
- The Sustainment Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex operational software systems. These software systems and their sustainment may involve developing or updating analytics, algorithms, scripts, data processing procedures, documentation, security features, metrics collection, reporting functions, or any other aspect of maintaining operations of operational systems.
- Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Investigates and resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment and consistent with CMS DevOps objectives.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Investigate and analyze system and user problems to identify potential solutions or fixes
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop, modify, and implement algorithms to address system performance or functional issues in operational systems
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Technical Skills Required:
Special Technical Skills Desired:
Minimum Experience Required:
- Three (3) years of experience in software development/engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline. Four (4) years of additional software development experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance.
Full Time – Software Engineer
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.