Annapolis Junction, MD
Labor Category Requirements:
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; generated at least 2 documents in support of a SW development project
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience consuming and writing RESTful backend microservices in Java and Node.Js.
- Experience with SpringBoot 2 and embedded tomcat deployments
- Experience using and managing/optimizing NoSQL queries and databases such as MongoDB to persist data for web applications at a large scale (100+ queries per second)
- Familiar with Apache NiFi to create and manage data extract, transform, load (ETL) operations for critical data flows
- Utilized Docker, Kubernetes, or similar containerized environments to provide re-useable components that are agnostic of underlying cloud infrastructures
- Familiar with various cloud infrastructures such as AWS or private cloud infrastructures to support scaled architectures
- Experience with Elastic Stack technologies (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) to provide metrics and monitoring of distributed microservices
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Familiar with implementing and testing web services with various automated test frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor, etc)
- Proven technical debugging/troubleshooting ability on multi-threaded and distributed systems.
- Experience integrating new architectures/systems/services with complicated legacy code bases
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- 2 years in SW development/engineering, including requirements analysis, SW development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- 2 years developing SW in an enterprise environment
- 2 years developing SW for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) OS. At least 1 year of this experience must have been obtained within the last 2 years
- 1 year in SW integration and SW testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts
- TS/SCI w. Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance.
Full Time – Software Engineer
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.