Information Systems Security officer (ISSO) 2 (TC-01)
Annapolis Junction, MD
- Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program. Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies. Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system. Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information. Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation. Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware. Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs). Supports security authorization activities in compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology Risk Management Framework (NIST RMF).
- Provide support for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Collaborate with technical team members to evaluatesecurity solutions to ensure they meet Secure The Enterprise (STE) and Secure The Network (STN) requirements
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades (i.e. Xacta, LatteArt, DocuHound, etc.)
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Assist Systems Administrator and lead Software Engineers to ensure timely updates to information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational Information Assurance (IA) posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Develop and maintain SSPs and other IA documentation to ensure Authorization to Operate (ATO) and C&A are met in accordance to ODNI and DoD standards
- Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclaves information assurance program
- Serve as the Approval Authority for ISs under their control
Minimum Experience Required:
- Seven (7) years experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Experience is to include at least two (2) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools. Bachelors degree in a computer or IT related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I or higher is required. Security+ certification is required.
- Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
- This position requires a security clearance
Full Time – System Engineer
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, it's not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.