Systems Integration Technician (12-Hour Shifts, Servers, LAN)
- Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces. Conduct on the job training for co-workers.
- Conduct on the job training for co-workers.
- mixed 12 hr shifts, in a 10 WEEK ROTATIONAL SCHEDULE; 24×7 watch
- Candidate must be willing and able to:
- be on-call 24×7
- mission critical (Agency Code Red required)
- interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
- work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
- Leads installs, tests, and validates operational equipment and software as specified by installation standards, manufacturer’s guidance and safety codes; maintains a broad knowledge of the system; Acts as a lead technician for program production.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience performing all aspects of the integration and test of the system including installing the hardware in the racks, labeling cables, running cables, building the system to drawing package, performing quality assurance, loading operating system, loading applications, and performing all levels of testing in regard to system;
- Develop overall integration & test strategy and schedule test plans & scripts.
- Linux (or strong grasp of command-line usage)
- Scripting (Ruby, Phython, PHP preferred, shell and Pearl are acceptable)
- Security Tools (nmap, Netcat, intrusion detection systems, firewalls and packet-processors)
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Development tools (Eclipse, Subversion)
- Software development (Java, C/C++ preferred)
- Web technologies (Weblogic, Apache)
- Enterprise Messaging Systems (JMS)
- Database Administration (mysql, Oracle, Mongo)
- Networking (protocols, fiber/Ethernet knowledge)
- Cloud/Virtualization technologies
- Data storage solutions
- Technical writing
- Mission knowledge
Minimum Experience Required:
- Ten (10) years’ experience integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows);
- Specialized technical certifications may be credited toward the minimum experience requirements. Certifications may be used to substitute no more than three (3) years of experience.
- The following certifications can each be substituted for one (1) year of experience each: CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, ITIL v3 Foundation, RHCSA, RHCE, Cisco: CENT, CCT, CCDA, or CCNA, CEH, VMWare – VCP, CISSP, Jupiter, Hadoop, Brocade: BCNE or BCNA, CDFM, DAU, DAWIA or certification specific to the Labor Category.
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields of study: Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Mathematics
- Eight (8) additional years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required