Systems Engineer Tester Level 0
- Candidate will work with software and system developers as a test designer, test conductor, and integrator concentrating on functional testing on a team that is focused on Cyber analytic development and visualization.
- Work with the team to develop functional tests based on operational scenarios
- Responsible for testing and validation of new and previously released system versions
- Responsible for the generation of test plans and test results that must meet specific criteria
- Integrate a variety of applications from various sources and ensure that they meet functionality and performance standards for stability and resource utilization.
- Develop scripts as necessary to integrate components, perform new capabilities, facilitate testing, etc.
- Develop and setup test beds/drivers
- Conduct performance analysis and stability assessment
- Work in an environment that demands a high proficiency in Linux, good test development skills and interaction with low-level hardware.
- Contributes to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents;
- Manages system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.;
- Assists with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components;
- Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
Technical Skills Required:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Test Engineer or Software Engineer supporting the full system development lifecycle in a Linux environment
- Strong proficiency in Linux (evidenced in work history with in the past 5 years)Programming skills in scripting languages (shell, Expect, TC, Perl)
- Programming skills in C, C++, JAVA, or Groovy.
- Candidates must have good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- General understanding of network protocols, telecommunication equipment, and SIGINT (DNI/DNR) processing
- Familiarity with low-level hardware and experience following best practices for testing and documentation of results.
- Familiarity with code development, test & configuration management tools such as ClearQuest, JIRA, Git, and SVN.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Knowledge of SIGINT mission systems
- Experience configuring and using Puppet
- Experience using the Gradle build framework
- Experience using the Groovy Spock test framework
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required