ProObject is seeking a Systems Engineer (Data Modeler) to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- System Engineer (Data Modeler) will provide software engineering support to the data ingest team to build out common data extraction, translate and load (ETL) of native knowledge outputs from source systems into modernized set of repositories powering the customer framework.
- Team Size: ~40 team members made up of software developers, system engineers, test engineers, SCRUM masters, and technical writers.
- Team collaborates with Outreach (user application helpdesk) and User Experience teams.
- Seating: Cubicle environment (has access to both classified and unclassified computers and phones at their desk)
- Some contact with technical government personnel but no direct user contact
- Product support analysts at the agency, IC, and other party affiliations.
- Provide software engineering support to the Reference Knowledge System (RKS) data ingest team to build out common data extraction, translate and load (ETL) of native knowledge outputs from source systems into modernized set of repositories powering the RKS framework.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with data modeling, data architecture
- Experience with Extract, Translate, and Load (ETL) operations and a firm grasp of dataflow ingest into Elasticsearch and Oracle
- Experience with TechSIGINT data
- 14+ years’ experience with:
- Providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting system requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and perform technical assessment
- Implementing operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards.
- Reviewing and/or approving system engineering documentation ensuring that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Developing system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Managing and ensuring the technical integrity of the system baseline, continually updating as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- Developing scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, and maintenance, and disposal needs
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, or other relational databases
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience as an Agile SCRUM Master
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience generating technical documentation
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Note: Nineteen (19) years of SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required