ProObject is seeking a Front-End Software Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- The Front-End Software Engineer will work with a team of other principal and senior level contributors to provide development and production support for the customer’s mission applications. The developer will integrate UI components into a web-based architecture (which may include the use of cloud technologies) as the task requires. The developer will design, develop, and implement new mission features, interfaces, or code, based on user and customer requirements. The developer will also provide testing, integration, and development support. The developer may also modify the repository schema of an existing application to support new data items, develop new data mining, and data ingest processes for new data.
- The experienced Front-End developer for the Knowledge Management – KI team will develop using AngularJS / jQuery / (other JS frameworks).
- Provide Front-end (UI) software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
- Team collaborates with Outreach (user application helpdesk) and User Experience teams.
- Seating: Cubicle environment (has access to both classified and unclassified computers and phones at their desk)
- Some contact with technical government personnel but no direct user contact
- Product support analysts at the agency, IC, and other party affiliations.
- Team Size: ~37 team members made up of software developers, system engineers, test engineers, SCRUM masters, and technical writers.
- Provide Systems Engineering / Product Engineer support to the Cryptologic Knowledge Services (CKS) software development teams whose products provide critical disseminatable data to user at the absolute first point of relevance.
Technical Skills Required:
- The individual must be able to work as an individual contributor and in teams, communicate directions, and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- Developing applications using AngularJS / jQuery / (other JS frameworks)
- Developing Java Web applications
- Developing applications interfacing into Mongo DB / Elasticsearch / SQL
- Developing applications that are 508 compliant
- Experience developing software services and applications within Enterprise Cloud Technologies
- Ability to serve as a technical lead of multiple software development teams, if required
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Performs software testing and troubleshoots software issues for SIGINT systems using Java JUnit testing or other test-driven development frameworks
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitoring their performance
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- 14+ years’ experience with:
- Providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting system requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and perform technical assessment
- Implementing operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards.
- Reviewing and/or approving system engineering documentation ensuring that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Developing system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Managing and ensuring the technical integrity of the system baseline, continually updating as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- Developing scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, and maintenance, and disposal needs
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Note: Nineteen (19) years of SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required