Systems Engineer IV (AWS, Cloud)
- Analyzes functional business requirements, processes, and design specifications for IT activities. Identifies, resolves, and enhances problems and/or inefficiencies within existing systems. Designs implementation of new systems, and participates in analysis, design and development/construction of next generation IT systems. Understands and balances customers’ IT needs with commercially available IT products realities to derive requirements and system specifications that are implementable by the architecture and engineering teams.
- The System Engineer will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and configuring the various cloud based systems as well as serve as the first line of interface with the customer.
- ITIL® v3 Foundations certification
Technical Skills Required:
- General understanding of AWS, Microsoft Azure, or OpenStack cloud platforms; knowledge of the purpose and operations of most common cloud services (Compute, Storage, Memory, Networking, Load Balancing, DNS, Auto Scaling Logging, Auditing, User Access Mgmt, Managed Databases)
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Hands on experience within cloud platforms listed above, experience with DevOps and CI/CD methodologies, experience working within Linux and Windows environments, experience with GitLab, OpsWork, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins
Minimum Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree or Higher and 6 years, High School Diploma/GED and 12 years, or Associate’s Degree and 10 years, or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years, or Doctorate and 4 years
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required