Work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Setup, configure, load software, monitor, tune, troubleshoot, and provide administration of computers. Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation of scripts, and other duties to support the program. The secondary responsibilities are to interface with the client network, storage, facilities management and security teams. Participate as a member of a 15 person team use AGILE methodology with 3 week sprints.
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provides in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support to IT systems including day to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
Technical Skills Required:
- Minimum 10 years technical experience as a systems administrator.
- Minimum five years as a RedHat/CentOS Linux administrator.
- Minimum two years creating and deploying virtual machines
- Experience providing assistance to users
- Experience optimizing system operations
- Experience with some of the network security skills: Multiple Domain, PKI Implementation, SSP Development, Vulnerability Assessment
- Experience with some of the web implementation: Apache Webserver/Tomcat, Firefox and IE, GWT, JBOSS. Servlets
- Understanding of network & time protocols
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience in working within agile software development teams
- Requires excellent communication skills within a fast paced collaborative support environment
- Available to work hours overlapping core hours (9am – 3pm) Mon – Fri 40 hr wk
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- At least three years of direct experience in the intelligence community or a Government agency
- Experience setting up OS monitoring systems including using the findings to implement tuning improvements
- Experience working with Puppet and Cobbler for system builds and configuration
Minimum Experience Required:
Ten (10) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required (experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is preferred). Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
TS/SCI with Polygraph required