Software Engineer 1 (Python, Splunk, Bash)
- Daily tasking will include analyzing and monitoring network traffic and understanding network traffic terminology.
- Writing Python scripts.
- Dealing with multiple aspects of Splunk from writing SPLs to dealing with backend Splunk issues.
- Optimizing and aiding Splunk architecture.
- Bash shell scripting/Linux command line navigation.
- Automation working with Docker, Ansible and Airflow.
- Understanding of Scrum with JIRA. Experience with GIT.
- Creating python client/server applications.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Shall have at least four (4) years of experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline, including at least four (4) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government and industry customers.
- Shall have at least one (1) year of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration with new and existing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required