Senior User Experience Designer
- Design user experiences for new and existing web-based applications
- Design user-friendly solutions for complex workflows
- Design high-fidelity mockups using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- Create design artifacts, workflow diagrams, low-fidelity mockups, wireframes, static and functional prototypes that supplement the high-fidelity mockups
- Participate in usability testing
- Participate in design review sessions, explain design concepts and decisions to creative director, development teams, product owners and stakeholders
- Understand and follow user experience design processes, standards, and best practices
- Communicate on a regular basis with creative director, product owners, development teams and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements.
- Strong ability to support multiple development activities concurrently.
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to design compelling and intuitive user interfaces.
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to partner and communicate with Software Engineers.
- Expertise in visual or graphic design using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalents.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with User Experience Design or Web Design with a focus on web-based applications
- Professional portfolio or samples that demonstrate design thinking and a strong understanding of visual design
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for challenges
- Passionate about making great products and exceptional user experiences
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams of many different disciplines
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Pixel perfect design skills
- Strong knowledge of typography
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience working with development teams
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 6 years in this or related field and have a strong background with task analysis and user interface design.
- A formal education in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Architecture, or related field is desirable but not required.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required