Senior Tools Support Technician
- **Position has travel requirement
- Maintains all Enterprise Management supporting technologies (see Tools Support TTO for Agency-specific technologies) used by the GECC.
- Provides technical direction and engineering knowledge in support of planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining systems monitoring and management services.
- Develops, refines, and documents systems management policies, processes, procedures and drives their implementation and use within the GECC.
- Performs user administration on Enterprise Management supporting technologies.
- Experience maintaining and configuring tools within the HP Business Technology Optimization Suite.
- Broad background in Network, Systems, Application and Service Management tools.
- Specifically, experience with configuring Service Manager 7 or any two (2) of the following HP tools:
- NNM 9i
- Site Scope
- Operations Manager for Linux
- ITIL® v3 Foundation certification
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration, experience standing up new Linux servers, VMWare vCenter/ESXi, BASH or PowerShell scripting experience, background with remote administration tools such as RDP, basic understanding of networking
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Salt/Puppet, Docker, ElasticSearch, MySQL, RSyslog, NiFi
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years, Associate’s Degree and 10 years, High School Diploma/GED and 12 years
- At least five (5) years of experience designing/developing Enterprise Management Systems.
- At least three (3) years’ of experience in performing system administration of Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.