Senior Systems Engineer
- Provide systems engineering support for a suite of high visibility, heavily used reporting and authoring tools to include enhancing a suite of complex web applications and services that provide content management and collaboration in support of critical missions.
- Seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our Prime contract team.
- Provide systems engineering and DevOps support to a development team. Support a suite of high visibility, heavily used reporting and authoring tools and their underlying RESTful microservices infrastructure. Tasks include:
- Communicate with customer leadership, end users, help desk staff, and other product teams to gather requirements and resolve issues
- Ensure that application user interfaces meet accessibility requirements and comply with WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Conduct testing of product releases to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer requirements
- Perform configuration management through regular release cycles, documenting changes across multiple environments
- Provide operational support to include troubleshooting issues and provide after-hours, on-call support on a rotating schedule with other team members
- Developing documentation required to support program technical issues and training situations
- Experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use
- Experience performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to analytic workforce; demonstrated ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transfer of acquired knowledge from experienced analysts to new analysts
- Experience with system architectures in a service-oriented and ESB environment
- Experience in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations
- Experience applying agile and/or spiral development models
- Experience developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale programs
- Experience integrating information systems into SOA or onto ESB architectures
- Experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within an SOA framework
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products
- Experience integrating FOSS, COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors
- Experience implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access
- Experience developing and deploying integrated desktop applications
Technical Skills Required:
- Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
- Experienced with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrates an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts.
- Experienced with system architectures in a service oriented and ESB environment.
- Experienced in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations.
- Applying agile and/or spiral development models.
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale programs.
- Integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Experienced “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Integrating FOSS, COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Developing and deploying integrated desktop applications.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Strong Unix system administration skills, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Solid web infrastructure fundamentals: TCP/IP, HTTP, caching REST, and scale out
- Experience configuring Java Application servers such as Tomcat, Netty
- Experience with proxy services such as HAProxy in large, horizontally scalable environments to serve web content and requests to large numbers of users concurrently
- Experience using distributed source code control such as Git
- Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers and software developers
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience using and managing/optimizing NoSQL queries and databases such as MongoDB to persist data for web applications at a large scale (100+ queries per second)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience with implementing and testing web services with various automated test frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, Protractor, etc.)
- Proven technical debugging/troubleshooting ability on multi-threaded and distributed systems.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least fifteen (15) years performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.
- At least seven (7) years leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substitute for four (4) years’ experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required