Senior Systems Engineer
- Assist with developing, managing, and implementing requirements management plans and processes as needed to ensure logical and systematic conversion of requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Provide technical assistance to Program Managers and provide technical recommendations of technologies, techniques or components to assist with meeting project goals and minimizing project risks.
- Provide technical assistance and engineering support necessary to fulfill pre-development activities including architecture, tradeoff and upgrade studies, requirements analysis, functional analysis, and rough order of magnitude cost and schedule evaluations.
- Provide systems engineering support at all levels of a system’s life cycIe.
- Provide systems engineering support necessary to meet requirements for system upgrades, installation of new systems, and system replacements.
- Assess and interpret technical anomalies uncovered as the project evolves.
- Direct experience in the development process of collection systems and/or related components within the IC including installation and deployment
- Experience in requirements analysis/generation and developing systems architectures
- Experience as a system engineer in programs that encompassed systems architecture, requirements analysis, design, production, integration, test and transition into operations
- Experience with independent verification and validation of system requirements
- Computer/system architectures design and development for Linux and Windows
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) signal detection, identification, measurement, collection, distribution and amplification
- Experience with signal collection techniques and systems
- Experience with real-time processing, computing, control, and digital signal processing
- Direct experience with electrical power measurement and specification (AC and DC)
- Direct system engineering experience with system timing analysis, system throughput and bandwidth estimation, and computer software applications and techniques
- Direct experience creating Test Procedures, coordinating engineering activities, and testing/installing hardware
- Direct experience specifying, evaluating, installing, and maintaining equipment
- Experience writing systems documentation (system CONOPs and other technical documents)
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience in creating automated tests in coordination with developers; performing manual tests, and generating test results
- Experience interacting with project customers and stakeholders to coordinate stable software release candidates
- Experience documenting issues found during testing using an issue tracking system (e.g. GitLab, Jira)
- Experience with scripting language
- Linux experience
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering (electrical, electronic or computer) or 9 to 15 years applicable systems engineering experience; or 14 to 19 years applicable systems engineering experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required