Senior System Engineer (XACTA, Gatekeeper)
The Senior Systems Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- Developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
- Experienced with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrates an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts.
- Experienced with system architectures in a service oriented and ESB environment.
- Experienced in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations.
- Applying agile and/or spiral development models.
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale programs.
- Integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Experienced “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Integrating FOSS, COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Developing and deploying integrated desktop applications.
- Propose, coordinate and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Develop and updates the system security plan and other IA documentation.
- Provide change management for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
- Maintains the operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Assist with the security management aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system.
- Perform the analysis of enterprise-level security architectures, network management architectures, communications architectures, and key management architectures, identifying any vulnerability and providing suggested mitigation alternatives.
Technical Skills Required:
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills to resolve information security challenges.
- Determining how to initially configure and patch systems to keep them secure and security compliant.
- Experience in reviewing system logs and audit reduction tools (SEAR).
- Experience in taking a system to ATO and reauthorization of systems.
- Experience with creating data flow diagrams.
- Experience with scanning systems (Nessus).
- Experience with basic Unix operating system commands and Unix log files.
- Experience with cooperating, communicating and working with System Administrators to meet compliance posture.
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
- Understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Instruction 1253 and the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53 security controls.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- CISSP certification.
- Previous client ISSO experience.
- Experience with IAVAs, audit events, and managing entitlements.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least fifteen (15) years performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- At least seven (7) years leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substitute for four (4) years’ experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required