Senior System Engineer (Design, Document)
- Members of this team perform wide ranging System Engineering activities at the organization level and work with multiple projects to develop best practices and common System Engineering threads across related projects. The selected SE will work with a team of System Engineers to capture and triage requirements, design system architecture for CNO systems, document system architecture using Cameo, interface with stakeholders and product teams, perform Analysis of Alternatives, and assist in future planning activities. The team uses the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) agile methodology to deliver value to the CNO mission.
- Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
- Technical Process Area -Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal
- Project Process Area -Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area -Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management
- Agreement Process Area -Acquisition and Supply.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and/or Technical Process Areas associated with any of the ISO/IEC 15288 processes.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze and recommend alternatives for elements of project’s technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue.
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
Minimum Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus ten (10) years of systems engineering experience.
- High School Diploma or GED plus fourteen (14) years of general systems engineering experience (any process area).
- A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years of systems engineering experience.
- A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years of systems engineering experience.
- Note 1 – Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
- Note 2 – Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required