Senior Software Systems Engineer
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
- Plans, conducts, technically directs and evaluates projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of engineers and technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies software engineering methods and techniques to signal processing applications; evaluates and assesses the benefits of implementing functionality across a variety of platforms including general purpose processors, digital signal processors, FPGA devices or custom processing solutions, Conducts investigations and test of considerable complexity.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Provides technical consultation to other organizations.
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture principles
Technical Skills Required:
- Direct experience in the development of collection systems and/or related components within the IC
- C++ development experience
- XML/XSD experience
- Linux/Unix experience
- Scripting language experience such as Python or Perl
- Multi-threaded software development experience
- Direct experience using CM tools such as Subversion/Trac or GIT
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and/or protocol processing in software
- Experience with RF data acquisition hardware
- Direct experience with RF receiver equipment
- Direct development experience with Inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms
- Device driver and/or embedded development education or experience
- Direct development experience with SOA/middleware technologies such as ICE, CORBA, ESP, SOAP
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Direct experience with processing frameworks such as XMidas, SCA, GNURadio, etc.
- Experience with VITA49 or equivalent multicast, packet data transfer technique
- Working knowledge of commercial wireless standards
- Working knowledge of geolocation techniques such as TDOA, FDOA, etc. and geolocation services.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE, CE or CS and 8 to 15 years of applicable software systems engineering experience, or
- 14 to 19 years of applicable software systems engineering experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required