Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a team that will be developing new ways to look at data and the software that generates the data. This is a full stack position using corporate datastores as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB. You will assist in developing the UI for the application as well as the middleware connectors. You will be working with streaming analytics, looking for fit and usability within the Technology Pursuit team. You will be working in current technologies such as Vue.js, React, and Apache Heron. Deployment will be managed via Docker container, which you may help set up.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Java, Spring
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Accumulo)
- Apache Streaming technologies (Heron, Spark, Storm)
- Experience with Gitlab
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile Development environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Twelve plus (12+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least four (4) years of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required