- Oversee the design, develop, unit/integration test, and build software code to provide new functionality and extend/modify existing code; using object-oriented software methodologies.
- Migrate functionality and legacy data then assist with the Transition and Decommission of the source system.
- developing at least one Object Oriented System (OOS)
- Experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience using Data formats such as JSON, XML and HTML
- Ability to write Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs (e.g. Bourne, C, Python, etc.) and work in a command line environment
- Troubleshoot and debug a variety of software stacks such as Django
- Support networking protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP, and application protocols including HTTPS and DNS
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with continuous integration/deployments
- Ability to manage code using Git
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least ten (15) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior, mid-level and junior programmer/analysts, as required. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required