- Provide coordination, oversight, planning, documentation and development support to the team.
- Coordinate project planning and create a software development plan, requirements, transition plans, and software versioning/release plans.
- Provides informal and formal documentation of GIS software applications, UIs, software manuals, source code, and architecture.
- Collaborate with analysts and other developers to understand user flows for implementation and translation to usable cloud-based features.
- Provide expertise to the development team in Hadoop, PIG, HBase, and Hive.
- Utilize Java, SQL, and JDBC extensively in a Unix-based development environment to support the development of web-based applications using Apache Hive and Hadoop.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and support development of geo-spatial techniques.
- Work with stakeholders to understand end user needs and translate them into functional and system requirements that can be implemented.
- Support development of continuous integration test pipelines for products.
- Provide support in configuration and implementation of network routing devices including installation, protocols used to exchange information, and basic administration of devices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify gaps and expand on existing functionality for network device collection and analysis packages.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project.
- Experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with full stack Web Development; design and build and launch application
- Hadoop or Hadoop technologies (PIG, HBase, Hive, etc)
- SQL database technologies (MySQL, Oracle), preferably with JDBC experience
- Web-application development and implementing RESTful services
- Preferred experience with GIS software
- Implemented unit and integration test frameworks (JUnit or similar frameworks)
- Experience documenting system architecture requirements, releases, versions, etc.
- Familiarity with network routing devices, protocols, and theory behind operations
- Experience working with end users to understand end users’ needs to translate them into functional requirements.
- Experience leading teams to execute on customer’s mission objectives through coordination, oversight, planning, documentation, and direct software development.
- Experience with Unix/Linux based environments
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least ten (15) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior, mid-level and junior programmer/analysts, as required. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience developing software using the Java programming language. At least six (6) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last eight (8) years. At least six (6) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required