Senior Software Engineer (Groovy, Java, Unit Testing)
- ProObject is seeking two Software Engineers to join the software development team who will develop and sustain integrated, feature-rich capabilities that promote modernization of visualization and presentation tools. The software development team will provide application development and support to tools that allow mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
- The Software Engineers selected will be forward deployed for their development efforts and will work independently of the DevNav development team. Preference given to those with experience in Groovy, Java, Unit Testing, Git and IDE (either IntelliJ or Eclipse preferred), Spring, Spring Boot. The Software Engineer should have familiarity with one or more of the following: MongoDB (Shell/Query), Kafka, Kubernetes/Rancher.
- Approximately 15 team members made up of software, system, and test engineers
- Work performed in contractor facility in Annapolis Junction.
- Both low and high side access.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints;
- Perform quality control on team products
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required