Work as a software developer on a team that is focused on open source software development supporting an enterprise platform. Specific duties include:
- Design, develop, unit/integration test, and build software code to provide new functionality and extend/modify existing code; using object-oriented software methodologies.
- Support a variety of open source enterprise applications with thousands of users
- Data formats (i.e. JSON, XML, and HTML)
- Write Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs (e.g. Bourne, C, Python, etc.) and work in a command line environment
- Manage code using Git
- Troubleshoot and debug a variety of software stacks such as Rails, Spring, MEAN, Django
- Support networking protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP, and application protocols including HTTP and DNS
- Managing a variety of databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch
- Have working knowledge of Cloud VM OpenStack client provisioning of resources.
- Have working knowledge of Chef, Puppet, Ancible, or Salt.
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources, integrate and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Develop software as necessary to integrate between components, perform new capabilities, to facilitate testing, etc.
- Support continuous integration/build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Work in an Agile and DevOps style environment
- Experience developing at least one Object Oriented System (OOS)
- Extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
- Firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; generated at least 5 documents in support of a SW development project
- Experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component
Minimum Experience Required:
- 10 years SW development/engineering, including requirements analysis, SW development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to 4 years’ experience.
- 6 years developing SW in an enterprise environment. At least four 4 years of this experience must have been obtained in the last 7 years
- 4 years developing SW for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) OS. At least 2 years of this experience must have been obtained within the last 4 years.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required