Senior Software Engineer (CSS, SpringMVC, OOS)
- These individuals will work as part of the technical team to design, develop, and test software code to assist in the deployment, maintenance, tuning, and monitoring of the software products and services.
- Work directly with customer to understand any additional requirements and/or issues that need to be resolved.
- Migrate functionality and Legacy data then assist with the Transition and Decommission of the source system.
- developing at least one Object Oriented System (OOS)
- Experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Developing and deploying desktop application frameworks (e.g. ECLIPSE or IntelliJ)
- JDK 7 and 8
- Experience creating a Java Web application backed by a database using JDBC, JPA or Hibernate
- Spring 3.x or above
- Experience consuming and writing REST and SOAP services in Java and Jersey
- Build and deployment experience with Maven, Apache Web Server, and Tomcat
- Knowledge of MongoDB v3.x
- Knowledge of Percona Server for MySQL
- Experience with Active MQ, JMS, XML, JSON, SOAP UI
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience with DOM and AJAX
- Knowledge of JQuery
- Experience with Firebug
- Experience with Agile methods
- Detail-oriented and thorough in designing, coding, and testing.
- Familiar with Test Driven Development and experience using JS/UI test using a testing framework
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least ten (15) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior, mid-level and junior programmer/analysts, as required. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience developing software using the Java programming language. At least six (6) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last eight (8) years. At least six (6) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required