- Assist the development of a web application.
- Evaluating and implement analytical and visualization software.
- Installation configuration and testing of software.
- Work with System Engineering team to determine software requirements and feasibility.
- Moving from conception prototype environment to an operational system.
- Integration with customer security infrastructure.
- Enhance user interface for analysts.
- Interact with similar customer projects
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Technical Skills Required:
- Linux Experience
- Amazon Web Services
- Apache Hadoop/Scala/Spark
- Knowledge of text parsing and manipulation using tools such as regular expressions, Python
- Understanding of relational databases and experience writing queries using SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to ask questions and identify assumptions, develop a clear understanding and statement of a problem, explore and evaluate alternatives, and collaborate with others in a dynamic team to implement an effective solution
- Understanding of principles and best practices for designing intuitive and accessible user interfaces (UI)
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Strong technical depth and ability to develop difficult code.
- Ability to work with a team to solve hard problems by developing complex and quality code.
- Interface with stakeholders and users to improve features and functions of supported products
- A strong background with task analysis and user interface design.
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to design compelling and intuitive user interfaces.
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Provide help desk-like support to users
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required