Linux Systems Integrator to support deployed and new installations. Qualified candidates will work with other team members on various levels of operating systems, applications and related support in the Linux environment, installing mission application specific software products.
The individual will have experience with the following:
- RedHat Linux, or general Linux knowledge.
- Understanding of RPM package format and APT-RPM distribution method.
- Troubleshooting of standard daemons and tools (NFS, NTP, BIND, APACHE, SYSLOG, chkconfig, init scripts, general networking, etc.)
- Perform installation of firmware and software for systems.
- Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations.
- Working knowledge of PUPPET.
- Ability to understand complex systems with many components.
- Practical experience with YUM.
- Hands-on experience with IBM Blade Centers and Dell servers, MP servers
- Assume other duties/projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department.
- Familiarity with PKI keys.
- Provide daily status reports on activities completed and current projects.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Coordinate with software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is being completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Technical Skills Required:
- 3-5 years working on networks including the administration, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting for the hardware/software for Cisco, Nortel, Adtran and Netgear.
- 1-3 years of experience with Linux
- 1-3 years of experience assisting users on hardware/software issues.
- 1-3 years experience configuring/maintaining: Kickstart, DHCP, Bind, Apache
- 1-3 years of scripting experience (shell, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- 3-5 years experience resolving problems and setting up supporting networks.
- 1-3 years experience in information technology operations.
- 1-3 years experience ensuring license enforcement.
- Ability to work core hours (arrival between 7am and 9am) on a regular basis
- Strong technical skills, rigorous, and very “hands-on”
- Strong problem analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Minimum Experience Required:
Fourteen (14) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. TS/SCI with Polygraph Required.