Senior Level System Engineer
- Candidate will support tactical engineering activities to accomplish mission goals to include participating in design meetings and technical review meetings, developing technical plans to guide capability development, reporting status of capability development activities, and reporting milestone goals and achievements. The primary role for this position is to provide management of milestone requirements throughout the systems engineering life cycle.
- Work with system architects, system developers, testers, and systems engineers to meet schedules and track project milestones (functional through design) for software, hardware, documentation, and other analysis and design artifacts to be used for development, integration, and testing.
- Coordinate with customer to provide updates on progress of milestones and schedules
- Contributes to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Manages system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
- Assists with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participates in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Participates in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Allocates real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Derives from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
- Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Participates in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Develops system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Develops derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
- Reviews and provides input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
Technical Skills Required:
- Direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence capability with an emphasis on collection and processing
- Understanding of scheduling “best practices” per PMI or ANSI
- Experience in full system life cycle from concept development through testing and deployment
- The candidate must have demonstrated ability to write system engineering documentation and be able to deliver technical presentations to large audiences
- Experience with OnePager reporting tools
Minimum Experience Required:
- Seven (7) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required (experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Systems Engineer supporting large-scale systems to include experience in system architecture, requirements analysis, system documentation, system evaluation, and process execution and evaluation
- The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with MS Project 2013 or later
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.