Senior Level Software Integration Engineer (GOTS, Python, Jira)
- The contractor shall be responsible for the installation, configuration, integration, evaluation, and sustainment of various COTS, GOTS, and FOSS software tools, packages and libraries. Additional tasking shall include automating system software integration plans in support of the program’s integration strategy.
- Ability to integrate, install, configure, upgrade, compile, and support COTS/GOTS software.
- Generate documentation for the full software stack.
- Update software for sustainment support.
- Basic Linux system administration skills and shell scripting.
- Execute test codes for characterization of software performance.
- Provide software product ownership for HPC tools.
- Working knowledge of CM tools, web documentation, and issue tracking.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and switch between various architectural paradigms.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience using the Unix CLI
- Experience developing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience with IaC concepts and Ansible
- Familiar with software frameworks used for searching, monitoring, and analyzing big data such as Elastic Stack and Splunk
- Familiar with metrics visualization technologies such as Grafana and Kabana
- Experience with creating and automating installation/test procedures
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Familiar with testing various processing, storage, and retrieval systems using backend databases such as MySQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, OpenTSDB, and ArrangoDB
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite of Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling, and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment. OR The individual shall have five (5) years full time Computer Science directly related work that can be substituted for a degree and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience. OR An industry recognized professional certification, as defined in the TT0s, may substitute as one (1) year experience. A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field may substitute for two (2) years’ experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.