Senior Level Software Engineer (Linux, SQL, Oracle)
- Implementing the database redesign and refactoring of legacy models to support current mission needs in an Oracle environment
- Responsible for creating a database architecture with a balance of volumes, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, and security and domain controls to meet mission requirements.
- Performing optimization and re-organization of existing databases to include changes to software and scripts (i.e. Stored Procedures) that interface with the database.
- Integrate database related methods and applications to ensure that they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization.
- Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code.
- Working knowledge of development, test & configuration management tools is a plus.
- Candidates must have good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in implementing systems providing knowledge/information sharing capabilities including the following disciplines: system design; integrating COTS products and technologies into cohesive customer capabilities; system production; system integration; system test; transition of systems into operations; web services implementation; web interfaces; J2EE; and web portal technologies.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with defining, designing, implementing, refining, and deploying relational databases.
- Implementing a logical data model into physical persistence models
- High proficiency in relational database technologies
- Proficiency in Linux
- Expertise in SQL, database scripting languages
- Experience with upgrading and patching of Oracle databases
- Experience in backup and recovery support, security and integrity controls
- Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools, processes, and procedures
- Experience with Oracle’s Virtual Private Database
- Familiarity with a system software build/release framework•
Special Technical Skills Desired:
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- OO programming skills (i.e. Java preferred, REST services)
- Knowledge of SIGINT mission systems
- Exposure to agile and scrum methodology environment is a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Good software development skills
- Comfortable with rigorous methods for testing and documentation of results
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience in technical roles for Government or Industry customer; Must demonstrate experience in a broad range of engineering domains including information technology, requirements management, architecture development, and functional and systems analysis
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a systems, software or hardware engineer in programs that encompassed system architecture development; requirements analysis, management and control; multiple activities and multiple vendors; large systems engineering efforts totaling more than $15M/year,; and management and evaluation of business processes and implementation strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or similar degree, or equivalent documented combination of training and experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required