Senior Level Software Engineer/ Developer (Perl, SQL, J2EE)
- We are seeking a motivated Software Engineer who will provide software development to sustain, enhance and evolve Jupyter notebooks that enable the customer mission space. The ideal candidate will enhance, update, fix, and evolve Jupyter notebooks used by data scientists and analysts. This may include converging similar or duplicate notebooks within the agency ecosystem and identifying and developing common libraries for downstream notebooks.
Labor Category Requirements:
- Candidate shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP.
Technical Skills Required:
- Ensure notebooks run correctly and collaborate with analysts to identify errors and implement solutions.
- Identify fragile code and implement more robust software mechanisms to ensure availability and integrity for the mission.
- Implement user interface changes that provide users with additional options
- Document notebooks within customer corporate repositories explaining usage, caveats and how to consume analytic results, as well as tradecraft documentation.
- Gather application metrics and present that information to the customer lead in support of capability development decisions and risk analysis.
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 12+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.