Senior-Level Software Engineer
- The Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to, processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial OffThe-Shelf (COTS) Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Experience developing in Unix. Ability to perform shell scripting. Working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Has experience with agile development processes.
- Has experience with source code control systems, such as Git.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database applications.
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and Kafka.
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Experience using collaboration and software development tools (ie. Atlassian).
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Experience with container technologies (ie. Docker).
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
Minimum Experience Required:
- The Level 1 Software Engineer shall possess the following experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus two (2) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity, or Four (4) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- The Level 3 Software Engineer shall possess the following experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity or Nine (9) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.