Senior-Level Network Engineer
- Assume responsibility for the maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, troubleshooting and problem diagnosis/resolution for all lab network devices (e.g., Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, etc)
- Assume responsibility for accessing the scope and requirements of each developer request scheduled for the lab and assuring technical support for those requirements
- Assume responsibility for providing a clear understanding of how each request for hardware and software requirements shall be supported by the contract System Administrator Team (SA Team)
- Provide technical recommendations to the DNT management and support team in maintaining the DNT lab IT architecture to mirror and keep current with all Agency IT networks structures, Lead network administration for hardware and software support for all DNT developer requests, and new IT prototypes being hosted in the lab (large and small scale)
- Assume responsibility for configuration and maintenance of lab assets built on Cisco, Juniper, and other network devices
- Conduct informal training in order to provide knowledge transfer to all SA Team and eliminate single points of failure of task/function.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience working on Cloud-Edge connectivity solutions and experience with AWS and Azure
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in network administration
- Proficiency in working with applicable network devices to include repeaters, routers, gateways, and hubs
- Minimum seven (7) years experience with computer networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, and DNS
- Minimum five (5) years experience with integrated processing environments such as a Storage Area Networks
- Cisco certifications preferred (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE)
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.