- Design, develop and provide technical services for software that provides geospatial visualization capabilities.
- Strong full-stack development experience with detailed understanding of user interface frameworks and back-end software architecture interactions.
- Develop data extraction and load (ETL) pipelines using technologies such as Apache, Elasticsearch Logstash or Lucidworks Fusion.
- Design and implement search solutions using technologies such as Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, or Elasticsearch.
- Develop REST with NodeJs, Scala and Play Framework, or Java
- Create robust data discovery web applications using technologies such as AngularJS, React, Vue.js, jQuery, Bootstrap, Less, Sass, Grunt, Gulp, WebpackUI development.
- Displays strong communication and collaborative skills when coordinating with team members regarding design, development and testing.
- Collaborate with developers, internal/external stakeholders and users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing software application features and enhancements.
- Plans, implements, and supports new application designs and features.
- Ability to solve problems and work on multiple task simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues in a prompt manner.
- Submit bi-weekly/monthly status report documents.
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology with full development lifecycle.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience developing software using the Java programming language. At least six (6) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last eight (8) years.
- At least six (6) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist.
- Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project.
- Experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experienced with full stack web development; design build and launch application
- Experience with and knowledge of geospatial data and technologies
- Experience with Apache, Elasticsearch Logstash or Lucidworks Fusion
- Experience with Apache Lucene, Apache Solr or Elasticsearch
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as bootstrap, Less, or Sass
- Experience with unit testing using Grunt (or similar)
- Experience with Gulp, WebpackUI
- Assisting tier 2 users via email, phone or in-person
- Ability to meet 508 compliance requirements
- Familiar with Git version control software
- Familiar with Maven
- Familiar with Tomcat Server
- Familiar with Jira and Confluence
- Operating Systems and Infrastructure experience with Linux environment
- Bash scripting and DevOps capabilities
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least ten (15) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior, mid-level and junior programmer/analysts, as required. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required