Senior Level Database Engineer (Bash, Unix, JIRA)
- The Database Engineer shall be responsible for the evaluation and selection of a database vendor, the design, implementation, configuration, sustainment, security, backup/recovery, troubleshooting, and performance of a RDBMS to ensure the availability and consistent performance of a Configuration Database application. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical database skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Support the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities
- Support the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts
- Support the development of long and short term requirements for database administration and design
- Assist in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Translate a set of requirements and date into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file
- Assist in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system
- under development
- Lead development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system
- tinder development
- Lead development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Develop requirement recommendations from a projects inception to its conclusion for a
- particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems)
- Develop a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under
- development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and
- physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Direct fulfillment of requirements from a project’s inception to it conclusion
- Direct organization of requirements and data into a usable database schema by directing
- development of ad hoc queries, scripts, macros, updates to existing queries
- Direct the overall database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system
- under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical
- and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Direct the development of complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database
- Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience using the Unix CLI
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Minimum 5+ years RDBMS administration experience
- Experience with the planning, data modeling and development of database tables into usable database schemas
- Experience developing complex RDBMS ad hoc queries, Triggers, and Stored Procedures for database storage and retrieval
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native RDBMS monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of RDBMS backup and restore best practices
- Knowledge of RDBMS High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) best practices
- Experience with troubleshooting and sustaining a critical production RDBMS
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) principles, concepts, and tools such as Ansible and Salt Stack
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Git Version Control
Minimum Experience Required:
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is require& Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of DBE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.