Senior Database Engineer (ITILv3, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- This role will entail components of database engineering and administration and will be responsible for the implementation and run-time management of the data storage/retrieval architectural component to include security performance tuning, auditing, and compliance requirements for all authoritative data sources.
- Direct the overall database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls.
- Direct fulfillment of requirements from a project’s inception to it conclusion.
- Direct organization of requirements and data into a usable database schema by directing development of ad hoc queries, scripts, macros, updates to existing queries.
- Direct the development of complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
- REQUIRED IT TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- ITIL® v3 Foundation certification
- Oracle (experience working with database and familiar with backup capabilities/process)
Minimum Experience Required:
- 4+ years of DBE experience utilizing enterprise-grade relational data storage solutions (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- 3+ years of DBA experience with emphasis on optimization and management of data storage; experience with data quality management
- Ten (10) years of experience as a Database Engineer on a program or contract similar to scope, type, and complexity.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required