Principal Systems Architect (Cloud Infrastructure)
- The developer will be responsible for integrating new solutions into existing cloud resources or off-premise infrastructure and evaluate impact to efficiently service changing business needs.
- The SA will be responsible for all areas of infrastructure design, including: high availability engineering, infrastructure design, scalability engineering, infrastructure audit and best practice implementation, and security audit and remediation.
- Establishes system and/or information requirements for the development of enterprise-wide information systems.
- Designs IT system architecture, to include software, hardware, and communications, to support total system and end user requirements.
- Defines system architecture for present and future cross-functional IT requirements and interfaces.
- Ensures IT systems compatibility and compliance with agency IT standards for architectures.
- Knowledge and experience defining, designing, and building cloud systems for performance, resiliency, availability, and scale utilizing Application Program Interfaces;
- Experience with cloud platforms including AWS, OpenStack, Google or Azure,
- Experience using many of the most common cloud services (Compute, Storage, Memory, Networking, Load Balancing, DNS, Auto Scaling, Logging, Auditing, Key Management, Managed Databases;
- Ability to design and document architectures
- Experience managing software professionals
Technical Skills Required:
- High-level to expert knowledge of IT infrastructure and architecture
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Development experience with both Linux and Windows environments,
- Familiarity with container management systems (k8s, Docker, Open Shift)
- GitLab experience
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD methodologies
- Amazon Cloudformation, Ansible, Chef, Docker
Minimum Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree or higher and ten (10) years; or
- High School Diploma/GED and twenty (20) years; or
- Associates Degree and fifteen (15) years; or
- Bachelor’s Degree and twelve (12); or
- Doctorate and eight (8) years
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required