The candidate will provide Analytic and Software Engineering support to CyberSecurity Operation missions by designing and implementing cybersecurity analytical solutions and developing prototype solutions using a variety of tools, frameworks and programming languages. The candidate will be part of a robust Cybersecurity Defense development team and assist with utilizing Cybersecurity Analysis techniques to rapidly develop solutions to support emerging mission requirements. The position provides the opportunity to work closely with mission operators to identify the requirements and implement solutions for both the short and the long term. The candidate will work in collaboration with a highly skilled development team consisting of software engineers and data scientists in DevOps/agile development environment
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate well with others
- Experience in Cybersecurity and/or Cyber Defense is required
- Experience with Scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash, Jupyter Notebook) experience is required
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience in providing analytic support to operations is desired
- Experience utilizing Splunk is highly desired
- Experience utilizing containers such as Docker is desired
- Experience in software development is desired
- Experience in data science and machine learning is desired
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 16+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required