Principal Software Engineer (UI/UX, Technical Leadership)
- Lead and be part of a collaborative and diverse team of junior, senior and expert level developers and mission leaders allowing you to mentor and learn from others.
- Design solutions from the user’s perspective and partner with UI/UX designers who manage the design, look and feel of the application.
- Develop data mining and ingest processes for new data, modify/ enhance existing application schema to support new data items and integrate with middle and back-end APIs.
- Recommend and select software components including hardware/software system trade-offs and software reuse.
- Translate system level requirements into individual software components
- Review/test software components and develop and execute comprehensive system, performance and design testing plans.
- Create, manage and update software security policies and procedures.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
Technical Skills Required:
- Technical leadership of multiple software development teams and delegation of development and testing tasks across multiple teams.
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Oversight/management of software testing and quality control.
- Writing/reviewing software system documentation
- Mentoring junior team members
Minimum Experience Required:
- Twenty (20) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required