- Provide direct software engineering support to the Data Source Development Team.
- Develop software solutions to help analyze, ingest, transform, and store critical data.
- Coordinate with external organizations to develop and maintain data flows, enhance displays, develop web services, design and develop analytics, and integrate analytic outputs with existing systems.
- What you will like about this position:
- Work in a small, integrated team environment, focused on innovating and driving solutions to meet current and future mission needs.
- The opportunity to develop algorithms and data mining techniques to transform collected, acquired, or created data into question-focused data sets.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experienced developing in scripting languages (Python, bash etc.) in Linux VMs
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Experience working with data formats including JSON, CSV, and XML
- Experience transforming data in corporate data formats
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Strong communication skills
- Basic knowledge of network technologies (routers, switches, gateways, etc.) and internet protocols (DNS, BGP, RDP, etc.)
Minimum Experience Required:
- Candidates shall have 16+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least 5 years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.)
- Additionally, at least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required