Principal Software Engineer (Agile, Java, Pig,)
- The candidate will develop and maintain assigned analytic tasks requiring implementation, documentation and testing. Analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively, in the customer cloud infrastructure.
- The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users
- Candidate shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP.
Technical Skills Required:
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with Java/Pig MapReduce
- Familiarity developing analytics in the QTA (Query Time Analytics) environment
- Knowledge of network encryption metadata and/or hidden services
- Experience with Maven and web services development, Zoom workflows
- Experience with customer corporate tools such as DX
- Familiarity with C++ a plus
- Work in a team
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least 16 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of general experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required