Principal Software Developer (RESTful, JIRA, Confluence)
- Design and development of RESTful web services created with spring-mvc and secured with spring-security and GOTS add-ons
- Requirements gathering, assessing, vetting, and migration into design, architecture, features
- Software development, testing, installation, configuration, and upgrading
- An active participant in design sessions
- Programming to include code creation, bug fixes, and enhancements, as well as installation, monitoring, and configuration programs and scripts
- Documentation of all designs/software developed, documentation of on-going development efforts using Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence)
- Ten years’ experience as a systems, software or hardware engineer in programs that encompassed system architecture development; requirements analysis, management and control; multiple activities and multiple vendors; large systems engineering efforts totaling more than $15M/year,; and management and evaluation of business processes and implementation strategies;
- Experience in implementing systems providing knowledge/information sharing capabilities including the following disciplines: system design; integrating COTS products and technologies into cohesive customer capabilities; system production; system integration; system test; transition of systems into operations; web services implementation; web interfaces; J2EE; and web portal technologies.
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Experience with supporting complex operation software systems, including trouble shooting and problem solving
- Willingness to adhere to and support development, testing and CM conventions as established by the team
- Ability to work as a part of a collaborative team
- Possess enthusiasm for one’s work
- Experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Experience with JAVA and technical experience
- Experience with Spring (Strong understanding of dependency injection is required, experience with Spring MVC and other Spring features are a plus)
- Experience developing RESTFUL web services
- Experience with JPA or Hibernate
Special Technical Skills Desired:
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience using Tomcat or similar web server
- Knowledge of the Maven build management Tool
- Experience developing with SpringBoot
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or similar degree, or equivalent documented combination of training and experience
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience in technical roles for Government or Industry customer; Must demonstrate experience in a broad range of engineering domains including information technology, requirements management, architecture development, and functional and systems analysis;
- 15 years of experience as a software engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required