Principal Level System Analyst/ System Architect (Linux, Redhat, Unix)
- Candidate shall be responsible primarily for providing analysis and engineering of the functional aspects of the software or hardware architecture and systems, it may also include other responsibilities such as architectural planning, middleware prototyping, or investigations regarding the introduction of new technology.
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, firewalls,etc.)
- Experience with network discovery/monitoring techniques
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments
- Experience with network tools (wireshark, tcpdump, cloudshark,etc.)
- Able to create network mapping diagrams based on findings (netViz, Visio, etc)
- Experience with Splunk and Splunk analysis techniques
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Willing to work directly with the analyst to solve their problems is desired
- Will need to work alongside development team for any scripting/development support with network traffic analysis
Minimum Experience Required:
- Eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience as a systems analyst, including five years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Windows NT, Pascal or Delphi, Linux – Redhat, Windows XP, Databases, Sybase RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle Context, Oracle Forms, Powerbuilder, MS SQL Server, Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM), and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience as a systems analyst.
- Five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support systems, and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Candidate must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications system analysis and programming activities.
- Minimum IAT level I certification
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.