Principal Level Software Engineer (XML, AWS, Perl)
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a team that will be developing new ways to look at data and the software that generates the data. This is a full stack position using corporate datastores as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB. You will assist in developing the UI for the application as well as the middleware connectors. You will be working with streaming analytics, looking for fit and usability within the You will be working in current technologies such as Vue.js, React, and Apache Heron. Deployment will be managed via Docker container, which you may help set up.
- Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Government AWS implementation
- Development RESTful services
- Federated queries development and optimization
- Micro and Macro service development
- Experience with government unclassified AWS development
- Experience with Gitlab
- Familiarity with Kubernetes/Rancher/Kibana
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile Development environment
Minimum Experience Required:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
- Twelve plus (12+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least four (4) years of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.