Principal Level Software Engineer (Java, Python, Ruby)
- Work with team lead to understand tasking and provide system operations support, troubleshooting, and sustainment activities to required specifications in a Linux environment. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement completion of tasks as described in Service Desk ticketing system. Participate as a member of the Service Desk team in daily stand-ups and twice weekly Service Desk Priority Reviews.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problems
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
Technical Skills Required:
- Dataflow Management (JMS, Active MQ, Niagrafiles)
- Automation Experience (Shell Scripting, Cron, Kickstart)
- Programming in JAVA as well as scripting languages (Groovy, Ruby, Python)
- Software Build and packaging and deployment tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Gradle, Ansible, Helm)
- Knowledge in Memory Database and Key/Value store solutions
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Operational monitoring experience (Prometheus/Grafana)
- Familiar with Messaging Technologies (Pulsar and Kafka)
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite Software Development Tools
- Experience with No-SQL and SQL databases (Bookkeeper, Zookeeper, MongoDB)
- Experience integrating and testing components, including unit tests, integrations test, and continuous integration systems
- Exposure to Agile and SCRUM methodology
Minimum Experience Required:
- Twenty (20) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
A culture of people with a passion for technology, career growth, and training
- Humble, smart, and a consultative approach to how we serve our mission customers. To us, is not about bragging and "rock star engineer" status.
- If you love technology, learning, and growing in your career, we'd make a great team.
- ProObject was one of the first software engineering companies (many moons ago), that put our money where our mouth is: Robust training ($5250 per year) and certifications for all of our team members.
AWS Select Consulting Partner
- As an AWS select consulting partner, we have tons of training and certs with AWS if you're ready to get into cloud engineering and expand your career.
Family-oriented, family-feel, and respect for your time
- We're a family-owned company and we care about all of our employees. The difference is easy to see with us compared to other firms.
- We also don't believe in concepts like "work-life integration." For us, we believe in balance and support for your "outside of work" life. We respect that time.
- Comp time available
- Care about certain causes? We care about what our employees are into. Matching contributions and special events to make our community better
A Top Workplace, year-over-year
- Our staff and the Baltimore sun ranked us a top workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021.
- That's cool but if you want to hear it right from our team, setup a no pressure meet 'n greet with some of our team actually doing the "rollup the sleeves hard work" and get to know us! We promise good coffee and the real scoop for what it's like working at ProObject.